Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Polyamorous Poetry

 


Hey everyone! Long time no see. Most of you don't know that I'm a writer.  I really love writing short stories but I also enjoy writing poetry when the mood hits.  I wrote a short story involving polyamorous characters a few years ago but it was never published in the anthology that it was going to be in.  I'm considering posting it to my blog for you guys. If you'd like to read it please leave a comment and I'll post. it.  The short story isn't what this post is about however, sorry to go off on a tangent lol.   

I want to post a poem that I wrote recently called "Comet".  The definition of a comet in the polyamorous community means " A person that passes through your life repeatedly who is intense and awesome, and when gone you are still in contact with that person in some way, but they are not a continuous partner.” 

Last week I thought about a few of my past relationships and I realize that they were/are comets. I wrote this poem shortly after that. 


   Comet

I'm coming in hot and fast

Speeding towards you when

I can fly by your part of the country.

But I don't want to only come

around once in awhile.

I want to be your star in the night sky.

I want you to see me constantly.

I don't want to be your comet

Only encountering you once

in awhile.

When I crash to your part of

the earth, it's heat.

Non-stop fire between us.

Dazzling and beautiful 

we crash into each other like

Star crossed lovers...my Comet

I blaze into your atmosphere......

I remain hot because you ignite a flame in me so hot that

I burn bright until I see you 

again...my comet. 





                                       

                


1 comment:

  1. Neverknew what a comet was. Definitely interested in reading more of your stories.

    ReplyDelete