Friday, March 27, 2020

Love in the time of the Corona Virus

Hey y'all I just wanted to do a quick post on handling your poly loves during this time. The title is a play on a book and movie title that got me inspired to write about being in poly relationships during social distancing. It's been hard on me because I'm not able to travel and all  of my partners are long distance. 

A few visits have been pushed back even farther as a precaution. It's definitely a good idea to keep everyone safe but I've been needing my partners more than I've wanted to admit. I guess I'm touched deprived. I'm normally not touching anyone but I have a social life so those social interactions help me get my dosage of "people". I'm an ambivert and I need my personal alone time to recharge my social battery but lately I've been recharging and just trying to deal with not being around people.

A week ago  came across an online community for people in long distance relationships called lovingfromadistance.com while I was looking for new cool gift ideas of activities to do with my boos. The first thing I noticed within the community was that it was monogamy centered.  I felt slightly let down so I searched the forums and only saw one post about Polyamory/Ethical Non-Monogamy.   On a positive note they have so many article on activities, gift ideas and questions you can ask to get to know  your LDR babe.

In my opinion I'd say just weed through all of the stuff that may not pertain to you or the things that don't interest you.  I'm definitely gonna take advantage of some of the games and gift ideas to let my special people know how much I miss them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment