Saturday, December 15, 2018

It's called ETHICAL polyamory for a reason..I'm not cheating with you!!!


Hey everyone! So I'm back and I have a few things to say. As you can see from the title of this blog post it's about the ethics of polyamory and people trying to get me to cheat with them. Of course that's a no go for me. On a personal level I've had several men assume that just because I identify as polyamorous that it's a free pass for sex.  Most of the culprits are men who I've had relationships with in the past. The relationships ended and we parted ways. Fast forward years later and they sneak back into my DM's or inbox of Facebook.

They never want to rekindle a romance it's always about sex. Being demisexual, I'm instantly turned off by that even though I've had sex with these individuals in the past. "Things change and so do people" is one of my favorite sayings. Their relationship status changed. They're monogamous (or so they say).  It's the late night texts or when their girlfriends are away that they want to "see" me again.
The ethical person in me is pissed. Dude, you signed up for monogamy and this woman trusts that you're faithful to her, I want to scream at them.

I refuse to participate in his cheating. What type of person would I be, I ask myself. I wouldn't want anyone to do this to me, I think. I think back to my monogamous days and the thought of my partner cheating on me made me mad and sad. I couldn't be that woman. That women who only thinks of herself and not the consequences of my actions. The actions that may hurt someone else in the process.    Ethical non monogamy is defined as all parties are being treated respectfully, and that enthusiastic consent to the arrangement has been given by everyone involved.  With that being said I refuse to cheat with you!!! Don't mistake my polyamory as a scapegoat for you to fuck around on your wife or girlfriend. 

1 comment: