Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I'm out and I'm PROUD!!!!


I recently saw a few posts about being "out"and how it affects you and your partners and your overall life as a poly person.  I've always felt like it was a revolutionary act to live and speak your truth without worrying about society and how they think you should live.

I came out as a bisexual women at 21 years old. Of course then I  was young and naive and scared to tell my family about my new girlfriend. At that time I considered myself monogamous, but I secretly wished for a boyfriend or some type male energy to "balance" me.  Of course at this time I felt like I someone needed to balance me, but in truth I was really just polyamorous.

I told my family who my girlfriend was because I was simply tried of lying. Tired of lying that this person had came in my life and I loved her.  You can only tell people that this person that you're spending so much of your intimate time with is simply your "friend".

Now fast forward till the present day, I post articles and pictures showing my support for my LGBTQ identity. I want to show the larger society (through social media) that being bisexual is normal. Normalizing any other type of lifestyle other than being a white straight Anglo-Saxon is a proverbial slap in the face to society.  Being out and proud about all my identities is a silent protest that I and others who are out to the world do on a daily basis.

Once I saw that post in the group it had me really thinking about why being out coming out and staying out is important. I know people have their reasons why they can't be out. I know most of the time people have worries regarding their jobs, or if they have children.they worry about them being taken from them by people who may deem them unfit because they go against society.  I'm very lucky because I don't have those worries or concerns. I'm very lucky also because the people who I love accept me for me and not for my lovestyle choices.  My sexuality and my lovestyle choices are very small parts of who I am overall as a women living in the U.S.

I'm simply out because I'm proud of who I am. I'm proud of those who I love and those who I've loved in the past. I also don't live my life for others. My life and my journey is simply mines to live the way I see fit. I'm a PROUD poly bisexual black woman!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment